1 post tagged Feanor
"Silmarillion Chapter 5: Of Eldamar and the Princes of the Eldalië"
"But the memory of Middle-Earth under the stars remained in the hearts of the Noldor, and the abode in the Calacirya, and in the hills and valleys within the sound of the western sea"
Above is a painting of the Tirion, which became the capital city of the Noldor. It faces the gap of Calacirya, which is the only opening in the mountain range where the light of the Two Trees (a divine source of illumination) can pass through. I’ve also incorporated this image into the clothing and banners of the Noldor Elves. The black eye markings are used to mimic the dirt marks the Noldor get while working their furnaces, as they are very proud of their crafting and metalworking.
The House of Finwë From left to right:
- Indis - Finwë’s second wife. She is not actually Noldor, but a Vanyar Elf.
- Finwë - High King of the Noldor.
- Míriel - Finwë’s first wife who died after giving birth to her only son, Fëanor.
- Fingolfin - Indis and Finwë’s son, and a significant hero in the Silmarillion.
- Fëanor - Finwë’s eldest son, mightiest of the Noldor and creator of the Silmarils.
- Finrod - Among the wisest of the Noldor, Finrod was the first High Elf to encounter humans, and was quick to befriend and defend their kind.
- Galadriel - Eager and ambitious, Galadriel is one of the leaders of the brewing Noldor rebellion.
- Olwë - Younger brother of Thingol and king of the Teleri, Elves more concerned with shipbuilding and the exploring the sea.
- Ingwë - King of the Vanyar and High King of all Elves, Ingwë and his people are best known for their art, and since they never cause any trouble, they rarely appear in the Silmarillion.
Previous Silmarillion entries:
- Ainulindalë - The Music of the Ainur
- Valaquenta - Account of the Valar and Maiar in according to the lore of the Eldar
- The Monsters of Middle-Earth
- The Free Peoples of the First Age
- Silmarillion Chapter 1 - Of the Beginning of Days
- Silmarillion Chapter 2 - Of Aulë and Yavanna
- Silmarillion Chapter 3 - Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor
- Silmarillion Chapter 4 - Of Thingol and Melian